FIGO Committee for Women’s Health and Human Rights decided to prepare this Handbook to help FIGO Member, National Societies of Obstetricians and Gynecologists engage in rights-based advocacy, prompting governments to take steps in achieving girls’ and women’s health and rights. More specifically, it provides a detailed description of how to effectively use selected United Nations human rights mechanisms to advance girls’ and women’s health and rights at national levels.
• This handbook offers gynecologists, obstetricians, and healthcare providers a road map to use International Human Rights Law to improve and guarantee girls' and women's health and human rights across the globe.
• It enriches the know-how of international and national actors alike in their quest to reduce disparities and enhance the quality of healthcare available.
• It provides a useful compilation of practical steps that can be followed to effectively engage with selected United Nations Human Rights Bodies to reach the Sustainable Development Goals and Targets.
• It explores the opportunities open to the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics and its Member Societies to specifically address Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, access to health services and gender equality in their advocacy strategies.
• It is a user-friendly tool which will hopefully help the readers to trigger significant changes in the achievement of fundamental human rights which will make the difference.