Understanding Suicide Terrorism aims to explore the different aspects involved in suicide terrorism for a better understanding of the tactic which has become a global phenomenon and threat today. The book aims to help inform holistic policy making by tracing the evolution of the use of suicide as a weapon in conflict and the emergence of modern-day suicide terrorism.
1. Understanding Definitions
2. The Origins of Suicide Terrorism: A Historical Overview
3. Dimensions of the Phenomenon
4. Analysing Suicide Terrorism through Case Studies: Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam and Al Qaeda
5. Analysing Suicide Terrorism Through Anti-India Terror Groups: Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Mohammad
6. Evaluating the Vulnerabilities of States Dealing with Suicide Terrorism