Volume 1 and 2 (Published in 2014)
Volume 3 (Published in 2019)
This three volumes Digest is designed to be the most comprehensive and analytical Digest of all rulings of the Supreme Court on Education and Universities from 1950 till (2019) 1 Supreme Court Cases.
With the publication of Volume 3 of this comprehensive Digest on Education and Universities, the complete set of three volumes now provides the most authoritative and exhaustive coverage of the Supreme Court case law on the subject from 1950 to 2019* (Volume 3 covers the period from 2014 to 2019*).
The rulings of the Supreme Court related to Professional Colleges and specific kind of professional education such as Medical Education or Teachers Training etc. are more numerous, which on careful study suggest that they can easily be extended and applied across the entire cross section of educational institutions and not only to specific kind of educational institutions. Hence, the arrangement of the case law on Education and Universities has been developed especially keeping this fact in mind. Under the dual structure in arrangement, all the rulings which can be applied to any and every kind of educational institution are placed under general headings and where the rulings have been classified based on the specific kind of educational institution like rulings relating to 'Medical and Dental Colleges', etc. are placed under specific headings.
Some of the important issues covered in the digest include:- General Principles of Education Law, Establishment, Incorporation, Running, Closure and Nationalisation of Educational Institutions / Universities, Admission procedure, Fees, Distance learning, Aid, Grants, Subsidies, Aided Institutions and Scholarships, Non-minority and Minority Unaided Institutions, Reservation, etc.
A complete alphabetical list of each and every statute, rule, regulation and norm that concerns Education and Universities is given in the beginning of each volume to facilitate the search of rulings on any particular statute/ rule, etc.
Some of the general headings include:
I. Establishment, Incorporation, Running, Closure and Nationalisation of Educational Institutions/Universities;
II. Admission — Admission Statutes, Rules, Regulations, Norms;
III. Fee and Fee Structure.
And the specific headings include: I. Engineering Colleges, II. Medical/Dental Colleges, III. Teacher Training Colleges.
Several other user friendly features make this undoubtedly the best Digest available today.
Table Of Contents:
PRINCIPLES RELATING TO EDUCATIONAL ISSUES
In Volume 1
1. General Principles of Education Law
2. Establishment, Incorporation, Running, Closure and Nationalisation of
5. Aid, Grants, Subsidies, Aided Institutions and Scholarships
6. Age/Date of Birth
8. Curriculum/Syllabi/Prescription of Books
11. Expulsion/Rustication/Removal of Student from Rolls of Institution/Discipline
13. Flexible Modes of Learning/Courses
14. Foreign Universities and Educational Institutions
15. Minority Institutions
16. Non-Minority Institutions
17. Officers/Staff, Faculty, Etc. of an Educational Institution
Bird’s eye view (contd.)
18. Professional Colleges/Education
18.2 Academic Calendars
18.3 Governing body/Governing Laws/Norms
18.4 Agricultural Colleges
18.5 Computer Education
18.6 Engineering or Technical Colleges
18.7 Law Schools/Colleges
18.8 Teacher Training
Topic and Statute Guide
In Volume 2
18.9 Medical and Dental Colleges
18.10 Private colleges
18.11 Reservation in Professional Colleges/Education
18.12 Other Professional Courses
18.13 Professional Education Statutes, Rules, Regulations, Norms, etc.
19. Private Colleges
21. Reservation of Seats/Quota/Exemption/Priority/Affirmative Action/Reverse
22. Right to establish and run educational institutions
23. Students’ Unions and Elections
25. Traditional Institutions
26. University Framed Statutes’, Ordinances, Rules, Regulations and Norms
27. Statutes, Rules, Regulations, Norms, Etc. framed by Legislature or Executive
In Volume 3
1. General Principles of Education Law
2. Establishment, Incorporation, Running, Closure and Nationalisation of Educational Institutions/Universities
4. Degree/Qualiﬁ cation/Stream/Discipline
7. Flexible Modes of Learning/Courses/Open Universities
8. Ofﬁ cers/Staff, Faculty, Etc. of an Educational Institution
9. Professional Colleges/Education
10. Private Colleges/Schools
12. Reservation of Seats/Quota/Exemption/Priority/Afﬁ rmative Action/Reverse Discrimination .
14. Particular Statutes, Ordinances, Rules, Regulations, Norms, Etc
15. Employment and Service Matters Re Educational Institutions .
16. Particular Employment and Service Statutes, Ordinances, Rules, Regulations Norms, Etc
PRINCIPLES RELATING TO EMPLOYMENT AND SERVICE MATTERS
28. Employment and Service Matters re Educational Institutions
29. University Framed Employment and Service Statutes, Ordinances, Rules,
Regulations Norms, Etc.
30. Institutional/School Employment and Service Rules, Regulations, Norms, Etc.
31. Central Employment and Service Statutes, Rules, Regulations, Norms, Etc.
32. State and UT Employment and Service Statutes, Rules, Regulations, Norms, Etc