The book is about the role of Center and Margins in family, society and the nation. We are living in a world where people in the center dominate the people living in the margin/periphery. In order to address the issue of center and margin taking into account of both patriarchal and colonial ideologies behind, the author has attempted to bring out six chapters to re-read and re-define the people of center and margin.
This scholarly work brings out a macro sociological and subalternal analysis which could propose a new arena of Socio-cultural world of the Hebrew Bible. The book deals with the Biblical Law Codes (Book of the Covenant Code, Holiness Code and the Deuteronomic Code), Kingship in Israel comparing it with Ancient West Asian kingship and Women in the Hebrew Bible.
1. Biblical Law Codes: Community of Equal or Unequal
2. Kingship in Israel: Power Play behind the Traditions
3. Ruth, the Outsider and Naomi, the Insider
4. Esther and Mordecai: The Subalterns
5. Women's World: Center and Margin
6. Exodus Story: God of the Margins
Index of Subjects
Index of Authors